Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
Brewing espresso at home doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. At its roots, espresso is just ground coffee, heated water and steam. That said, making excellent espresso at home can be made easier if you have a really good espresso machine. One of the most highly rated espresso makers for use in a home kitchen is the Breville Duo Temp Espresso Machine. While it is a bit more expensive than some of the units you can find for your home kitchen, it does so many things so well that the price is easily justified.
While espresso is a simple drink, making it does take some practice and you do need the right tools. Starting with good beans is a must, as is fresh, clean water. The real key however is a good espresso maker.
A Pro Espresso Machine For Your Home
When you go to your local coffee shop you may have noticed the somewhat elaborate set up the barista has. Lots of machines making lots of steam with noises and aromas coming from all sides. It may seem intimidating but each espresso drink prepared starts out the same way with ground coffee, water and steam. The Breville Duo Pro espresso machine does quite a few things quickly and easily to help you make that perfect cup of espresso every times.
- Precise espresso extraction. This is a fancy way of saying that the machine forces the proper amount of water under pressure to give you the perfect espresso.
- Excellent water temperature control. The right temperature is crucial to a good cup of espresso, the wrong temp will guarantee a lousy cup.
- Manual milk texturing. You want to add a nice foam or crema to the top of your espresso drink and this machine has the perfect tools to help you do just that.
- To ensure that each cup of espresso is brewed perfectly you need to purge your machine. The Breville Duo Pro espresso machine will do this automatically for you.
- A maintenance indicator that shows you exactly what needs to be done and when. No more stale or bitter after tastes to any of your espresso drinks.
- Easy clean up. The entire unit is made from durable stainless steel and is really easy to clean after using.
Included with this unit are two filter baskets, one for one cup and one for two cups. You will also get a milk jug, filters, a tamper and other tools to help make perfect espresso.
A Few Drawbacks
This is a very good espresso maker but it is a good sized unit meant for a lot of use. You may want to consider some of these drawbacks to this unit:
- Price. It’s a bit more expensive than some smaller tabletop models that have few options. If you only make espresso a few times each month you may want a less expensive unit.
- Size. The Duo Temp Pro Expresso Machine takes up more counter space than smaller units. It’s also quite solid and weighs more than some makers, meaning you won’t want to be moving it around too often.
Should You Buy The Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine?
If you like to have espresso at home every day or every other day, this could be the espresso maker for you. It’s durable, easy to use and has a nice set of options. However, if you are a casual espresso drinker you may want to look at a lower priced unit.
Some Lower Priced Units That We Really Like
|De'Longhi ECP3420 Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine, 15", Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Aluminum - EN124S||Prime||Buy Now|
|Gevi Espresso Machine 15 Bar Pump Pressure, Expresso Coffee Machine With Milk Frother Steam Wand, Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, 1.5L Water Tank, For Home Barista, 1100W, Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Espresso Machine, 15 Bar Espresso Maker with Milk Frother Wand and Compact Design, Professional Espresso Coffee Machine for Cappuccino and Latte||Prime||Buy Now|
|Gevi Espresso Machines 20 Bar Fast Heating Automatic Cappuccino Coffee Maker with Foaming Milk Frother Wand for Espresso, 1.2L Removable Water Tank, Double Temperature Control System 1350W, Black||Prime||Buy Now|